Freelance writer and communications consultant
| September 2021 – present
- For the American content marketing firm Graphite, I contribute high-performing SEO-driven blog content for corporate clients. I write primarily about mental health science and career guidance.
- I write social media plans for Winston Wilmont’s NGO clients, as well as help respond to government RFPs.
- Built a communications strategy for a research team based at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.
| CBC Montreal, Jun 2021 – Oct 2021
- Pitched fresh interviews for the daily evening newscast
- Drafted scripts and prepared the host for the day’s interview
- Prepared interview clips to be shared online
- Wrote stories for CBC.ca/montreal. Bylines are here.
| CBC Montreal, Jan 2021 – May 2021
- Here are my story bylines and producer credits.
- At CBC Montreal I spent two days a week researching, writing, and producing for Our Montreal. I also wrote mini features for the Web.
- My stories cover a wide range of topics, from homelessness to youth mental health.
| The Pigeon, Sep 2020 – Pres
- Produced in-depth stories focused on contextualizing the news of the day.
- My first published piece was about the history of psychedelics in health care, and its road to approval in Canadian palliative care. My second published piece focused on the history of racism in the province of Quebec’s healthcare system, contextualizing the death of Joyce Echaquan.
| Bruyère Research Institute, Jun 2018 – May 2020
- Wrote and edited the Institute’s internal weekly and monthly newsletters.
- My stories consisted of staff profiles, community events, and scientific achievements.
- Created infographics and video for audiences for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Planned, coordinated, and promoted large events for staff.
| University of Ottawa CGSA, Sep 2016 – Apr 2017
- Created a more active student government through various programs, namely the improvement of student amenities in the Communications graduate building.
- Built transparency by keeping detailed meeting minutes and sharing them publicly with the student body.
- Advocated for a more robust mentorship program for graduate students in the Communications department.
Susan Carson Award
Every year the Montreal Gazette awards a student journalist with a demonstrated commitment to community service. I was honored to receive this prize in October 2020 in memory of the late Susan Carson, who was known for being a champion for the most vulnerable in our society.
Hon. Paul Dewar Community Builders Award
This award is given to members of the community who show a commitment to improving the lives of the people around them. I was nominated anonymously and given the award during an event at Ottawa City Hall.
GDip in Journalism
| Concordia University
M.A. in Communications
| University of Ottawa
H. B.A. with major in Communications and minor in Music
| University of Ottawa